Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Spiritual Gifts

I've been really frustrated lately in the ministry where Joel and I chose to serve when we first became members at our church here in Okinawa. I've been struggling with what I should do about the whole situation. I've been praying a bunch about it and the idea came to me to take a spiritual gifts test. Its been a while since I've done one, maybe 5 years or so, and the place where I am now is INCREDIBLY different from where I was then. So here are my top 5 results: Hospitality, Music, Giving, Missionary, and Helps/Service, in that order.

Its no wonder why I am so frustrated in serving where we are; I am doing things that I am not gifted to do. I feel like I'm not really being able to use my gifts at church for the body of Christ, because there are expectations that I should serve differently. So now the questions are, do I stay because I've made a commitment, do I stay because Joel and I are doing this "together" and sometimes you just 'take one for the team', or do I find another area to serve in the church and pray that the current leadership/kids understand, or is there another solution all together?

Please pray that the Lord will give me wisdom and guidance how to serve his people. I know that he has a way that will make it right for everyone involved without ruffling too many feathers, although I'm not opposed to doing that;)

Oh, and if you have any words of wisdom, they would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment