Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"now in the clear light of day..."

“Now in the clear light of day, I see that Jesus, if he was merely my accomplice, had betrayed me. If, on the other hand, he was God, he had freed me. For God is God, and if he is God, He is worthy of my worship and my service, and I will find rest nowhere but in His will, and that will is infinitely, immeasurably, unspeakably, beyond my largest notion of what He is up to." Elizabeth Elliot- No Graven Image. Job 42- God becomes the end. not the means to a good life. everything i have is a GIFT from god, my breath/life is grace. When i begin to think i deserve things, i've built my life/gain identity on those things. when suffering comes and it shakes those things. suffering can drive me from god. but if i see everything as grace i turn TO god in the midst suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment