Monday, August 29, 2011

thoughts

Mark 5:31–33 When Jesus asked, “Who touched me?” the woman responded with fear and trembling. Her fear may have been partly because, in working her way through the crowd to get to Jesus, she would have touched many other people and thus rendered them ceremonially unclean (cf. Lev. 15:19–27). Again Mark notes the theme of fear and shows how it leads to faith. More importantly, the woman felt deep awe (Gk. phobeomai can be rendered “be afraid” or “feel awe and reverence”) at the powerful presence of God who has healed her: she fell down before him and told him the whole truth, which testifies to her confidence in and sincere gratitude toward Jesus.

How many times do I hold back from God? Afraid of the outcome of the situation...This woman trusted Jesus. She knew without a doubt that she would be made well by him, faith. Faith is the antidote for fear. How often am I trapped in fear? How often do I not trust Jesus? Holy Spirit enable me to trust you! Open my heart to see you as true and able.

No comments:

Post a Comment