Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We are the Fallen


There are so many situations in this world that are tearing me up on the inside; why do we humans ONLY have selfish ambitions? Why is our life solely centered around us and what we want/need? We disregard others' feelings and in the end, we are alone. Our pride and our selfishness hinder our relationships and tear them to pieces. Most of the time we think, "I" am the victim, "I" have been wronged, "My" ideas, and "My" desires are all that matter. As the victim, we think all we do/feel is the ONLY sentiment that counts. We pay no attention at all to the people around us or to their broken lives because we are so wrapped up in our own self pity.


Oh wretched man that I am!

I am drowning in a sea of pride. Self pity and arrogance capture me in the dark cold depths of the ocean. All that I truly care for drifts away. Slowly. Because of my sin. Because of my arrogance. I watch as I'm being taken over, giving in to the crashes of the mighty ocean.


"...God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil age..."

No comments:

Post a Comment