Monday, August 24, 2009

Far off places

I am just an ordinary girl that seems to end up in the strangest places.
I lived in Burkina Fasa, Africa for 2 years, which was the best time of my life. I lived among some of the most poor and needy people of the world. I played with children all day long, and somehow got to call it "work." I made so many friendships and memories there with the local people. I became fluent in 2 new languages.

And now I find myself in Okinawa, Japan with my lovely husband, where most days I hang out with other women and "go shopping." The best days are the ones when my husband and I go exploring.

Life seems to take the funniest of turns. From living in the dust to living on the sand. From living with nothing to living with more than I could ever have asked for...Who would have known that a plain ordinary girl, like myself, would have so many adventures? Don't get me wrong, I love that, somehow, I am the one traipsing off doing "things of grandeur." I just never though that I would end up here, ever really. The two places are so very different. Its hard not to compare them. My hope is that this place and these people help to mold me into someone who I never thought I would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment